Wednesday, December 13, 2017

A Wild Dream

I was a small child when I first watched Born Free. I don't remember the details of the film, but the name stayed on in my memory and so did the lions, the vast African landscape and the beautiful people who loved those animals. My dreams began to be filled with the adventurous life led by the family. I saw those lions as persons, not as animals who are civilized by humans. They are just like us - loving and full of emotions. And what can bind them? They are not like us, born into countries and cultures. They are truly born free unlike us humans. The dreams of the African wild still linger on in my mind. Today after I watched the war movie Zulu, shot in the grand locales of South Africa, I realized why I can see vast expanses of grasslands when I close my eyes. These are my childhood dreams of the wild that I have never experienced but they are a part of memory, thanks to Born Free. Something roars inside and cries out to be free and to be in the wild.

No comments:

Post a Comment